NIHR Cambridge BRC Nutritional Biomarker Laboratory
Current work and interests
Barbora is a Research Associate in the NIHR Cambridge BRC Nutritional Biomarker Laboratory in Dr Albert Koulman’s group. Her main focus is on development of new methods for determination of nutritional biomarkers in biological samples.
Background and experience
Barbora graduated as a specialist in laboratory methods and completed her PhD studies in bioanalytical chemistry at the Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic). During her PhD studies she worked as a laboratory specialist at the research laboratory in University Hospital Hradec Kralove. Her research was focused on development of new analytical methods and high throughput extraction techniques for determination of vitamins and cancer biomarkers in various biological matrices.
- B. Cervinkova, L.K. Krcmova, D. Solichova, B. Melichar, P. Solich. (2016) Recent advances in the determination of tocopherols in biological fluids: from sample pretreatment and liquid chromatography to clinical studies. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry.
- B. Cervinkova, L.K. Krcmova, S. Klabackova, D. Solichova, P. Solich (2017) Rapid determination of lipophilic vitamins in human serum by ultra‐high performance liquid chromatography using a fluorinated column and high‐throughput miniaturized liquid–liquid extraction. Journal of Separation Science.
- B. Cervinkova, L.K. Krcmova, V. Sestakova, D. Solichova, P. Solich (2017) A fully validated bioanalytical method using an UHPLC–MS/MS system for quantification of DNA and RNA oxidative stress biomarkers. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry.
- 6-months | University of Tasmania, ACROSS, Australia | 2016 – 2017
- 6-months | Cardiff University, UK | 2016
- 1-week | University of Edinburgh, UK | 2014
- 3-weeks | University of St Andrews, UK | 2013
- 4-months | University of Bonn, Germany | 2011
- 07/2018 – Merck Curious 2018 | Science future insight conference (invited guests-only).
- 03/2018 – Bolzano Award | Application of modern separation techniques in the analysis of biological material.
- 10/2017 – City Mayor Medal | Student award for outstanding achievement.
- 09/2017 – Journal Cover Image Author | Journal of Separation Science.
- Discovery of novel biomarkers (nutrition, cancer, inflammation)
- Analytical methods development (LC-MS, LC-MS/MS)
- Novel sample pretreatment techniques (SPE, magnetic/mini SPE, SLE, LLE)
- Method validation (FDA, EMA)