We work with private sector organisations from the local to the multinational and in a range of sectors. This includes, for example:
- collaborating with pharmaceutical companies on the discovery of new medicines and therapies
- working with technology and software companies to apply our science to improving the measurement of diet, physical activity and physiology
- analysis of datasets from personal genomics and biotechnology companies to shed light on the genetics of human reproduction
- partnering with digital delivery and medical device companies to pioneer studies with larger remove components via the use of mobile apps and remote sample collection technology
- assessing the effectiveness of commercial weight loss schemes
- studying how small and medium enterprise companies can be a part of sustainable, healthy food systems.
For more about working with us in these and other areas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A framework for ethical engagement
As a population health research organisation, we also recognise that it is not always appropriate to partner with all parts of the private sector.
For instance in the area of dietary public health research, the aim to improve health can come into conflict with the goals and practices of the food industry. We have been leading a project to explore this issue and develop consensus and guidance for researchers engaging in this area. Read more.