Senior Investigator Scientist
John is a Senior Investigator Scientist with a primary interest in understanding the aetiology of, and relationships between, reproductive ageing and type 2 diabetes. Prior to this appointment he was a Sir Henry Wellcome fellow, holding positions at the University of Exeter Medical School, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics (University of Oxford), Department of Twin Research (Kings College London) and the Center for Statistical Genetics at the University of Michigan. John has co-authored more than ninety publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Day … and Perry. Genomic analyses identify hundreds of variants associated with age at menarche and support a role for puberty timing in cancer risk. Nature Genetics (2017)
- Wright … and Perry. ‘Genetic variants associated with mosaic Y chromosome loss highlight cell cycle genes and overlap with cancer susceptibility’ Nature Genetics (2017)
- Horikoshi … Perry*, Evans*, McCarthy* and Freathy*, ‘Genome-wide associations for birth weight and correlation with adult disease’. Nature (2016)
- Day … Perry and Murray, ‘Large-scale genomic analyses link reproductive aging to hypothalamic signaling, breast cancer susceptibility and BRCA1-mediated DNA repair’ Nature Genetics (2015)
- Day … and Perry. ‘Genetic determinants of puberty timing in men and women: shared genetic aetiology between sexes and with health-related outcomes’. Nature Communications (2015)
- Day … and Perry, ‘Causal mechanisms and balancing selection inferred from genetic associations with polycystic ovary syndrome’ Nature Communications (2015)
- Lunetta … and Perry, ‘Rare coding variants and X-linked loci associated with age at menarche’ Nature Communications (2015)
- Perry et al, ‘Parent-of-origin-specific allelic associations among 106 genomic loci for age at menarche.’ Nature (2014)
- Stolk and Perry et al, ‘Meta-analyses identify 13 loci associated with age at menopause and highlights DNA repair and immune pathways’ Nature Genetics (2012)
- Elks and Perry et al, ‘Thirty two novel loci for age at menarche identified by a meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies’ Nature Genetics (2010)
Full publication list available on Google scholar.