Current work and interests
Justin is a visiting scientist with the Physical Activity Epidemiology programme.
Justin has dual appointments in both Department of Sport Industry Studies and Cancer Prevention Center, Shinchon Severance Hospital, Yonsei University, Seoul Korea. Currently, Justin is spending one year (Aug 2018-Aug 2019) at the MRC Epidemiology Unit, University of Cambridge. He earned his Master and Ph. D degree from the University of Alberta, Canada, under the supervision of Dr. Robert D. Steadward, the founding, 2nd and 3rd president of International Paralympic Committee (IPC).
Background and experience
Justin has either led or been integrally involved with 18 completed trials that investigated the effects of exercise on various diseases among people with and without disabilities (Spinal cord injured, Children with Epilepsy, Obese children, Obese adolescents, Obese adults, Type 2 diabetic and Cancer patients) and is currently the PI or co-investigator on four ongoing trials investigating the role of exercise in cancer population including colorectal and breast cancer patients.
- Ph.D 2003, Department of Physical Education & Recreation, University of Alberta, Canada
- Master of Science 1998, Department of Physical Education & Recreation, University of Alberta, Canada
- Bachelor of Science March, 1995, Department of Physical Education & Recreation, Yonsei University
- Post-doctoral Fellowship July, 2003 ~ August 2005, Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Joslin Diabetes & Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center AND Obesity section, Joslin Diabetes Center Harvard Medical School, Harvard University
- Visiting Professor, August 2011-August 2012, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard University