The MRC Epidemiology Unit and the NIHR Cambridge BRC are planning to run the exciting event “Anthropometry Webinar: Obesity Phenotypes from BMI to MRI throughout the life course” from 12 February 2021.
- Anthropometry webinar content
- Who the anthropometry webinar is for
- Who you will learn with at the anthropometry webinar
- Register to attend the anthropometry webinar
By participating in this webinar you can achieve:
- An understanding of the contributions of anthropometric and body composition measures to metabolic health outcomes.
- Detailed knowledge of the different measurement tools available to assess obesity phenotypes in different age groups, including an understanding of their key features, strengths and limitations.
- The ability to interpret body composition and growth data acquired and/or processed by the different methods covered in the course (see content)
- Understanding of the decision-making process to select the most appropriate measurement tool to use in a specific study/setting.
- An overview on how to harmonise body composition data acquired from different studies that have used different measurement tool
- A certificate on the assessment of obesity phenotypes through the life course from the MRC Epidemiology Unit, University of Cambridge
Register to attend the anthropometry webinar
We are charging a registration fee to cover part of the cost of the Anthropometry Webinar. The registration fee varies from £30 for participants from low and middle-income countries (LMICs) to £90 for industry participants.
Register for the Anthropometry Webinar at:
Deadline for registration: 8 February 2021
Talks, materials and demonstrations will be available on Moodle from 12th February, and the live Question and Answer sessions will take place the first week in March (see course content).