- This event has passed.
Severo Ochoa Webinars – The Impacts of Active Transport: a Multi-Disciplinary Research and Practice Field – Session 1
June 3, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am
Aims of the seminars
- Bring together the international research and practitioner community in transport impact assessment
- Learn about readily available tools to assess transport impacts or components of it (e.g. transport demand models for active travel)
- Learn about state-of-the-art methods for the evaluation of transport impacts
- Learn from practitioners and decision-makers what evidence and tools are useful to support investment in active travel
- Establish an international transport impact assessment community
3 June 2020, 08.00-11.30h BST;
(Other time zones: 09.00 – 12.30h CEST (Central European Summer time), 17.00 – 20.30h AEST; 19:00 – 20.30h NZST)
First session agenda
- Alex Macmillan, University of Otago | Mixed methods for achieving change in the community and in policy: Te Ara Mua Future Streets
- Dhirendra Singh, RMIT University | Panacea or pain: Should my next transport system model be agent-based?
- Joe Stordy, Transport for London | Measuring London’s progress towards Vision Zero
- Emily Coldbeck, Infrastructure Victoria | Actively deciding and prioritizing: the challenges of planning and delivering active transport in Victoria
- Bert van Wee, Delft University of Technology | How to assess the health impacts of active transport?
- Audrey de Nazelle, Imperial College | Reducing air pollution: making the case for a systems approach
- María José Rojo, Polis Network | Post-lockdown mobility planning. Reallocating space to promote active travel
- Alexandre Santacreu, ITF/RPA | Preventing road deaths through mode shift: lessons from the ITF Safer City Streets network and micro mobility safety research
- James Woodcock, University of Cambridge | Transport and health modelling next steps?
First session chairs
- Mark Nieuwenhuijsen, ISGlobal
- Belen Zapata-Diomedi, RMIT University
Register for the first session
The webinar session will take place via Zoom. Prior registration is required.
Please register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_0vwo1r1pSu21i1rhgzeVPg
Do you want to ask the speakers a question? Submit it here!