We hope the following questions and answers will help with any general questions you may have when applying for a PhD position at the MRC Epidemiology Unit. For questions and answers relating to registering with the University of Cambridge with the University website.
1. When is the deadline for applications for a PhD at the MRC Epidemiology Unit?
In order to be eligible for the different funding schemes you must ensure your University application (Applicant Portal) is submitted and supporting documents are received by the application funding deadlines.
There are no current studentships being advertised. When there are deadlines will be published here.
2. How do I apply for a PhD position at the MRC Epidemiology Unit?
Please visit the PhD Applications webpage and carefully follow the instructions for applicants.
3. What are the University of Cambridge entrance requirements?
Visit the University of Cambridge website for full details.
4. Am I eligible for a full MRC Studentship?
For EU (including UK) nationals ordinarily resident in the UK: Research Councils (MRC) funding is available covering university fees and a stipend. For EU (including UK) nationals ordinarily resident in a (non-UK) EU member state: partial funding is available covering university fees only. Non-EEA nationals are not eligible for Research Councils funding.
Please contact us for further information about MRC funding for refugees, migrant workers, residence for education and EEA nationals.
5. How much financial support do I need to study for a PhD at the MRC Epidemiology Unit?
The University requires proof that you will have financial support for the whole course, including all fees plus £13,740 per year minimum maintenance. Visit the University of Cambridge website for full details.
6. If called for interview, will the MRC Epidemiology Unit pay my travel expenses?
Yes, the MRC Epidemiology Unit will pay reasonable travel expenses. All claims require receipts. Overseas applicants will likely be interviewed remotely (e.g. by Skype)
7. When and where will the interviews take place?
The next interviews will be help on 26th January 2018. Please contact us if you are unable to make that date.
9. How much is the MRC Studentship stipend?
From October 2018, we will pay Research council funded students an annual tax-free stipend of £18,000.
10. Will Brexit change access to student funding support?
For updated announcements, analysis and FAQs please see the University’s website.
If you have any further questions, please email: email@example.com