We hope the following questions and answers will help with any general questions you may have when applying for a PhD position at the MRC Epidemiology Unit. For questions and answers relating to registering with the University of Cambridge see the University website.
1. When is the deadline for applications for a PhD at the MRC Epidemiology Unit?
In order to be eligible for the different funding schemes you must ensure your University application (Applicant Portal) is submitted and supporting documents are received by the application funding deadlines.
2. How do I apply for a PhD position at the MRC Epidemiology Unit?
Please visit the PhD Applications webpage and carefully follow the instructions for applicants.
3. What are the University of Cambridge entrance requirements?
Visit the University of Cambridge website for full details.
4. Will the MRC Studentship fully cover my costs?
MRC Studentships provide a tax-free stipend (currently £20,000 per annum) and Home level University fees. If you are required to pay Overseas level University fees, you will need to apply for funding to cover the difference.
5. How much financial support do I need to study for a PhD at the MRC Epidemiology Unit?
The University requires proof that you will have financial support for the whole course, including all fees plus £14,500 per year minimum maintenance. Visit the University of Cambridge website for full details.
7. When and where will the interviews take place?
The next interviews will be held remotely by video-link on Thursday 26 January 2023. Please contact us if you are unable to make that date.
8. How much is the MRC Studentship stipend?
From October 2022, we are paying MRC and other UKRI funded students an annual tax-free stipend of £20,000.
9. Will Brexit change access to student funding support?
For updated announcements, analysis and FAQs please see the University’s website.
If you have any further questions, please email: email@example.com